Thursday, April 3, 2008

Potted up


The peas are now almost all potted up.  I still don't know where they'll sit.  I think maybe there is room next to the others in a slightly-less Chutney-ed spot.  I think we had better just try living and learning this year.

I did go out into the wind and get a large bag of soil and so all is well.  I also got some more of the germination soil.  This is good because I started to prep the next set of flat-pots (what is the right word for that?) and used up the end of the first bag before I was finished.  



The plan for the next set is nasturtiums in 6 of the pots, and cucumbers in 3 (we had too many cucumbers last year).


I'll start 3 zucchini plants and 3 string bean plants.



Finally, there will be 3 scarlet runner bean plants.  I adore the scarlet runner bean seeds.  I guess I mean that I adore the scarlet runner beans themselves.  They're lovely chocolate mottled things.  Very nice.  I wonder what they will look like fresh.



They're also very big.  The string bean seeds are not particularly small, but the scarlet runner beans are huge next to them.  They're bigger than my thumbnail.  As a result, there are not many in the package.  I will either have to get another package (for less than a twonie, who can complain?) or I will have to think carefully about where the beans will go.  Thinking carefully isn't my strong suit in the garden, so I guess I'll be back up at the seed store soon.  The Canadian Tire (where the soil came from) was selling seed potatoes, so hopefully we will be able to get nice ones at Halifax seed soon.



I think the nasturtium seeds are wonderful.  They're like brains.  

No comments: