Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Non-Gardening Day

Today was a day filled with all kinds of things, but not gardening.  

Tomorrow it is supposed to snow, so my grand plans of planting more things tomorrow are out the window.  I think that the peas that went in on Monday will probably be fine.  They've had a couple of days to work out which way is up.  I'm not at all sure what I'll do with the peas and beans I've still got at home.  They don't have an assigned window any more, but I don't think I should be putting them out tomorrow. 

I looked at my plans recently and I see that I intended to plant zukes and cukes last weekend.  That didn't happen.  We'll see if it does.

I am trying to hatch a scheme whereby I grow a fruit like currents or blackberries in a large container.  The big question is where to put the container.  I have some favourite ideas, but all of them have drawbacks (many of them along the lines of "but if I put it there, people will use it as a shade and duck behind it to piss").  

I guess I'll have to wait for real spring/summer to arrive before I carry out schemes.

I REALLY hope the snow is a lie.

No comments: