Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fits and starts (alliums)

While I was prepping for the mapping and before the skies opened yesterday, I took a few snaps of some of the plants that aren't blooming (yet).   I am interested in the starts.  Right now, there are so few weeds that I'm pretty confident that the things peeking out of the soil are mostly intentional.  I'd like to keep some kind of record of what the little things look like so I know next year.

There are chive-like blades which I assume belong to the alliums.  We have some in front between the newer snowdrops (and Peter Pans) and the older snowdrops (and star-like crocuses).  
There are a few more in the deep front behind the golden yellow crocuses.  They're not far from the mystery plant I mentioned a few posts ago.
There is even a single sprout just behind the purple crocuses.  I take it that these are all alliums of some sort or another.  I think there is one that pre-dates me and another that I speculatively  planted in an early year. 

No comments: