Friday, April 24, 2009

Hosting hostas

I am not the greatest of hosta hosts, as one might guess from my inability to tell what it looks like before it looks deliberate.  But I did a modicum of searching on the web and found a picture of something that looked much more like these little guys than my previous best guess.
The baby hosta plants look like little horns coming up out of the ground.  Or so I've been given to believe.

Looking at that picture, I am amazed by how tiny the thing is.  When I noticed it, I thought it was absurdly obvious and I kicked myself for not seeing it earlier.  But the photographic evidence says that the little horns are just about the same size as a maple key, which is not very big at all, especially given that these are wayy back in the front yard right near the house.  

No comments: