Thursday, April 30, 2009

Brainstorm

I have had a brainstorm regarding the leaf-covered fingers coming out of the ground in the front yard.  It's a completely weird hypothesis, but I realised that I had seen something very like those before.  I knew I had seen them somewhere.  

I had seen them at our plot.  

The ones in front could be potatoes.  I did, a few years ago, plant potatoes in our house flower beds because they grow fast into beautiful huge bushes with lovely little purple flowers.  It's possible that I didn't notice them last year (or didn't accept them for what they were).  

It's also possible that it's a relative of the potato.  It's not a perfect match between the emergence at the plot of the known potato and the emergence in our garden of the unknown thing.  Interesting, though, isn't it?

No comments: