Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Plants at the Plot

We walked in via the Public Gardens and our own humble plot this morning.  The plot is looking very humble indeed.  

The peas are, shall we say, struggling.  Heaven only knows if/how they'll survive.  I am going to need to plant some others because I can't go for a whole summer without fresh peas.
The beets are now ex-beets.  So sad.  They came up all red and pretty and full of promise.  RIP beets.   I also can't go a whole summer without fresh beets.  It would kill me.  Oh! and beet greens.  I think it's well past time to get some beet seeds into the ground.  
The beans are even more ex than the beets.  I can't even find a corpse that I can be sure is beans. I took a picture including the most likely candidate, but it really looks just like dirt.  
The garlic is looking alright.  We can rejoice in small mercies.   

No comments: