Sunday, May 25, 2008

Some gardening, no proof

We started the day at a gardening meeting, which involved a large amount of meeting and not much gardening.  I tackled some of the dandelions growing around our plot and Mike did a champion job cutting them back.  

This afternoon, having baked a delicious tea cake (mmm... almonds) I realised that I had a few minutes to spare before we went out to dinner.  It's been dry all day, so the blossoms in the back were ready to be swept up.  I started that and got distracted by all of the broken pots at the periphery (because of my idiot decision to let them sit upright all winter long) and started to clean those out of the way.  Then it seemed like a natural extension to tackle the broken barrel that has been rotting into the deck for the past year and then I realised that really, I didn't have time for all of that.  But I did start some of the work, which is good.  It's been getting worse and worse looking.  I think another couple of quick "just throw it away for crying out loud" sessions and the back will be in much better shape.  And many of the maple blossoms have made it into the compost bin.  And I'm full of cake.

No comments: