Monday, May 26, 2008

I saw something nasty in the woodshed

This morning, after very little gardening yesterday, I am quite sore.  Hmph.  Still a softie.  

I had another critical look at the back, post "clean-up".  Admittedly, I spent no more than 20 minutes back there yesterday, but there is some improvement.  There is a bench-like thing that is rotting away and has to go (and be replaced by comfortable, easy-to-eat-from, unlikely-to-be-stolen patio furniture ... any ideas?).  Also, the fence is mint-green and 80's lilac.  That has to change, too.  

I am bummed out that this pot is broken.  I liked this one.  Lesson learned.
Obviously, I am not the greatest of housekeepers.  However, in late fall, I know that the leaves have to go into the composter or the spring will be quite nasty.  We did fill the composter twice with leaves last fall, but there were a few places around the back that managed to accumulate the leftovers.  Having removed one of those accumulations, I now understand why old fiction so often used the leaf pile as the home to monsters.  Things move around in there.  Things move around under there.  It's creepy.  

With the slight improvements, I was able to look into the back and see past the dreadful enough to notice that the mysterious bush is in bloom.  Nice.  

No comments: