Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wrong again!

As long as I am being upfront about how I misjudged my marigolds and gazanias, why don't we address the other flower I put in at the same time?  I believe I've gone on the record saying that they're no good.
Guess what!  They're good.  Most of them (but not all) have made it through the torrential rains AND whatever it was that munched so merrily on them.  Some of them have even started to spread out a bit.  Like they really meant it when the packet said to leave a foot around each plant. 
Also, they've got pleasant blooms.  The little white spots are cheerful, yes.  However, it's the middle that wins me over. I love the little tiny flowers-within-a-flower that reside within.  
So, I eat my words once more.  I'd like zinnias next year.  Yes, indeedy.  Best of all, they're looking good now when most other things that I plant are over and/or tired.  Good stuff.

No comments: