Friday, August 8, 2008

This isn't gardening, either

While I am aware that this isn't actually a gardening post, I thought it was time to write something and I haven't done anything garden-y but mow the lawn in days.  And to be honest, I wouldn't have mowed the lawn, but the weather has been so terribly wet for so terribly long and it looked like the rain was going to start again immediately and the grass was looking like a 1970's hockey player's hair.  

We've been keeping a jug of water in the fridge.  When there are people visiting, we find that we go through water too quickly to keep up with the filter so we need to keep another reservoir on hand.  The innovation is to put things other than water into the jug.  We started with slices of lemon.  It was refreshing and delicious.  

I picked a bunch of mint at our communal herb garden at the plot.  I wasn't sure where I was going to use it but I really wanted to try our new herb-stripping snips.  The leaves have gone into the water jug and now we have this wonderful brisk concoction to enjoy.  It's lovely. 

The taste of mint leaves me awash in memories.  It's the taste of summer and vacations and luxury.


No comments: