Monday, April 7, 2008

Windowsill: The Next Generation

The gradually-emerging mint and not-at-all-emerging rudbeckia have been moved out from under the plastic.  Ridiculously, I want my gardening to be instant-gratification.  The rudbeckia aren't being cooperative, so out they come.  The mint is too slow. 
In their sunny, warm place go 6 pots of scarlet runner beans, 3 pots of string beans, and 9 pots of nasturtiums.  We know at the plot that we can grow beans in the ground from seed no problem, so they are not so much of a worry, but I would love to put fast-growing things into the yard without too much of a pause between start and reward.  People walk on them, otherwise.  

The double-narcissus is just from a pot at the grocery store.  All the other blooms are pretty much over, but this one (these two?) is (are?) flourishing.

I should be more patient about the planting.  I should also be a bit more cautious about when I start things.  The peas are really coming along and they may be potbound before the ground can take them. 

No comments: