Thursday, April 3, 2008

Carnage


The beets, after Chutney had her way with them.  I didn't notice at first that she loosed her venom on the peas, too.  



Now, I know that she can't possibly be aware that these are my favourite veggies.  Still, it feels like a personal attack.  This could be because I now get up in the morning and check the flats before I fill her food dish.  She may be wishing that I throw her a ball instead of admiring the flats before heading out to work.  



The chives and marigolds are still fine.  They've been sitting on one of her favourite looking-out windowsills for a while now.  The peas in the flats as yet un-potted-on are in quite dire straits.  It's well past time for them to be moved into bigger containers, but I still haven't had a chance to get soil.  Maybe this evening.  



The pea on the right (in focus) has a root showing.



See it?



The mint and rudbeckia stolidly refuse to do anything.  If they're not up by this weekend, they lose their under-plastic status, I am afraid.  I've got plans.  



No comments: