Sunday, June 15, 2008

What News from the Front?

The front yard is in dreadful shape (still) and maybe next weekend I'll find time to attack it.  I think it will take a full couple of days.  

However, the lily of the valley is still obligingly in flower.  There is a shady garden between my house and my work which is completely awash in lily of the valley.  Every year when it flowers, I think "OH! I should do that at home" but I couldn't even pick that garden out of a lineup the rest of the year.  I think I am more in favour of a progression of sparse blooms than one outrageous carpet and 50 weeks of drab.  
We have astilbe in the front.  One was already there when we moved in, and the other was a cutting from our lovely neighbour two doors down.  The astilbe is looking like it might bloom (in as much as it does) soon.   

No comments: