Friday, June 20, 2008

Centipost

Today I have been trying to plan something fabulous for my 100th post.  

I've given up.  If  I wait until I generate the perfect post, I will be struck dumb eternally.  

In general, I have enjoyed the post-a-day thing.  I don't do it religiously, but I am happy to have most days (that I'm in town, anyway) covered.  It adds up very quickly.  It also forces me to write something and to think about the garden every day.  Both of those are worthwhile goals.  

Given that I am trying to "feed the blog", I sometimes wonder if I am better at tackling things in the garden (ie a better gardener) than I would be without the blog.  I would like to think not.  I am certainly taking more pictures, and I am certainly thinking more about the garden.  I guess I can point to occasions when I have seen things (the gladiolus sprouts, for example) early that I probably would have noticed later were I not constantly scouting for interesting photographs and material.  The truth is that I know I am the only one reading.  It makes it easier and it makes it harder.  No external pressure, but plenty of my own crazy "ooooh, post 100! Better make it good!".


No comments: