Thursday, June 12, 2008

Glad handling

I am not exactly giving up-to-date information here.  Eventually, I will get to a real update, but since it's been a coupla weeks I am going to gradually fill in the stuff I did before I left.

As I wrote earlier, I wanted to try growing gladioli, given how lovely they are.  

I planted all of the bulbs on June 1.  

There are 3 glads between the pickwick patches to the north of the chimney.

There are 4 glads behind the 5 marigold patch to the north of the chimney (between the 2008 double daylily and the mystery patch).  

There are 3 of the smaller glads in behind where the big hyacinths were (basically between the chimney delphinum and the daylily).

There are 2 glads next to the mint by the original spot where the daylily was.  There is also a zinnia in that area, closer to the walk.

There are (probably, I didn't write it down immediately and I am now incapable of knowing for sure, but if the math and my other notes are right it's) 5 glads against the wall between the mint and the daylily.

There are 3 glads against the wall behind the daffs between the lavender and the mint.

I did take pictures of the places I put the bulbs, but they're not exciting pictures and they were intended more as an accompaniment to my (inadequate, see above) notetaking than as things to look at later.

No comments: