Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Potato heads

The first potatoes are peeking through now.  The one in the garlic corner is most definitely up and at 'em.
Only one of the set of four is showing its head.
The peas are amazing.  I can't believe we have actual peas from our first batch of indoor peas!  We ate some peas this afternoon.  They were sweet and perfect.  Yum.

The healthy ones are producing lovely flowers.  
Even the struggling peas are really pretty.
The new ones are coming up OK, too.
The beans are growing like crazy.  They are also getting a bit eaten.  
I had to thin a bit this afternoon.
As I've said before, I hate pulling out a living plant.  It makes me worry that the one I've left in will die and then I'll regret my choice.  
The radishes are flourishing.  I look forward to the first bite of radish. Not too long to wait, by the looks of things.
The beets seem to be OK.  They got thinned yesterday and so far none of the ones I left behind are dying.  
The onions need thinning.  Oh, yes they do.  They do resemble grass.
Actually, they look a bit like a magical forest in this picture.  I used my work camera's super macro for these.  Pretty good, I think.
The forest needed thinning, no matter what. 
I did some thinning (this is the same region as above).  
I couldn't face the whole row, though.  The pile of tiny dead bodies was very high.  
More thinning later, I guess.  Hopefully, more delectable peas, too!

No comments: