Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lists and whinging

This is going to be a post about what needs doing.  I doubt it will even be of interest to me any time, but I have been neglecting the site because I haven't been up to much (except dealing with the endless streams of zucchini, and frankly that's just depressing to even dream of writing about).  Also, I changed my computer photo program and that's been making me less likely to take photographs.

Indoors:
  • plant new basil
  • plant new mint
  • plant new chives
  • transplant christmas cactus 
  • make christmas cactus offspring
  • transplant philodendrons
  • make philodendron offspring
  • repot dragon tree
Outdoors:
  • prune raspberry
  • move raspberry
  • put in better earth all around
  • make a raised bed for the front
  • put in new bulbs 
  • prepare a bed in the "lawn"
  • put seaweed in at the plot
  • take the zucchini away
  • harvest the potatoes
  • harvest the rest of the spring onions
  • get rid of the weeds in the front side yard
  • plant garlic
  • hostas
  • get rid of barrel
  • thin new beets
  • weed plot
Hm.  I wonder how many of these things will actually get done.  Not more than 50%, I am betting.  It's a long list, and I have lots to do before the winter comes, and many places to go as well.  Too bad about the poor, suffering garden.

In happier news, I have been taking the long way in and out of work lately and have been therefore passing a wonderful garden.  It's bursting with bright orange and yellow happy, not showy flowers.  I love it.  It's bushy and profuse and all around joyous.  

No comments: