Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Clash

I remember now about these tulips.  Last year they were out at the same time as the orange-gold bulb irises and they clashed horribly.  
These white-rimmed pink ones, between the bulb iris patches, will presumably also clash with the golden orange irises when they emerge.  
These guys, next to the daffodils, are lovely, but not exactly perfectly matched side by side. Two of them have more orange than the other two.  Generally, I am in favour of pink and orange as a vibrant colour combo, but I think I might have to be a little bit more careful about tulip bulb positioning in the future.
I should remember this and move some bulbs next year.  Or cut them right away so that they don't have a chance to interfere with their neighbours.  But that does go against my philosophy.  

No comments: