Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gadzukes!

I suspect we'll be needing this recipe soon.  

We pulled by the plot this afternoon and it's positively exploded with zucchini flowers.  

I'm not complaining, mind you.  I do love zucchini in its many guises.  I love stuffed zucchini (when you've neglected to check every day and one enormous one pops out all of a sudden), I love zucchini lasagna (where you slice tender young zucchini into ribbons and use them instead of pasta, layered between tomato sauce and oodles of cheese), I love zucchini stir-fried, sauteed, in a salad and smothered in mint yogurt.  All good.  

I know that I'll be sick of it sooner or later, but it's been so long since I was in a zucchini producing household that I've forgotten that heart-sinking sensation of seeing the giant green monster lurking behind a leaf.  I can't wait.  

No comments: