Monday, March 31, 2008

Baby basil?

The beets are out from under the plastic, still only 9 sprouts, but many thinned pots, too.  

There were 7 pea sprouts as of this morning.  Boy, do they ever look substantial after all the spindly flimsy marigolds and beets.

If I squint just right at the basil egg cups it looks like there is something poking through the soil.  Hopefully it will be nice and obvious by the time I get home.  It is starting out a sunny day so they should be getting lots of warmth.   Maybe it will be photographable by the time I get home.  What I left this morning looked like dirt, basically, with maybe a little white something that wasn't quite the right dimensions for perlite.  Nonetheless, it's really fast for the basil.  I only put those seeds in on Saturday morning.


No comments: