Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thank YOU, Alfred Hitchcock

Do you know those scenes in horror movies, when some character casually opens a door, or pulls back a curtain, and you know, even as they approach the door/window, that a nasty surprise awaits?  

This morning, I was actually humming as I walked into the bedroom to tickle the cat, curled up on the dresser.  Oh, thought I, I'll just pull back the curtain and let some of that glorious sunshine in.  

Cue scary music.

I can tell you that it was quite a shock to see the dried, shrivelled, one might even say mummified remains of the basil plants.
Oddly enough, one of them seems to have survived the ordeal.  I am soaking all of them in the hopes of turning them into zombies (undead, at least) but I think I am now down to one basil plant.  
On the plus side, I now know how I'll start my gardening horror movie. 


I know I said I was going to do updates before current information.  This one was such a surprise, I had to get it out of my system right away.

No comments: