Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm back

I'm finally back after a lot of travel and some quite distractingly stressful work stuff. In honour of my long-anticipated return, I decided that I would tackle the hideously weedy front.
Before lunch, I pulled a good pile of uninvited greenery out of a small patch of the ground.
To be honest, I thought that as the inconsistent gardener, I might be going to stop with this one bald patch as my (not tiny) accomplishment for the day.
However, I surprised myself and in the afternoon, I pulled out all the other weeds I could find in the front. And once that was done, I cleared out the leaves under the shrubs. It looks great.
Unfortunately, it won't for long. What I've done is to clear a space for the next generation of weeds. I don't have anything in the wings waiting to be put in place. But I couldn't leave it as it was. It was completely overrun.
I think I'll tackle the side yard tomorrow. Unless, of course, my weeding muscles are in such agony tomorrow that I can't possibly even squat a tiny bit, pull a tiny bit, or bend a tiny bit. This is a real possibility. We'll have to see.

No comments: