Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ah-choo!

Yesterday morning, I looked out the front window to see a solid carpet of yellow leaves.  It was like the tree had sneezed REALLY hard and lost all of its leaves in a single go.  There was (and still is) a car parked under the tree which has a good inch or two of leaves on its roof and not much to speak of underneath.  

This morning, I finally had the chance to go out and rake a bit (after the rain, of course, not in the beautiful dry weather we had all the way up to midweek).  I still can't believe how thick on the ground the leaves were under the tree in front.  It's unreal.  

Someone else had beaten me to the task of getting the leaves off the curb so they don't block the gutter, so there were little nasty stacks of slime-encrusted crushed leaves periodically all down the side.  I've been dutifully putting them into bags to go to the city composting site.  It's not actually all that bad in the end (although the task isn't finished, so I should bite my tongue a little bit). In fact, I was enjoying using my wellington boots to such good purpose.  


No comments: