Saturday, September 27, 2008

crocus

The crocus situation is as follows:  I love crocuses.  I love their sweet little blooms so early in the spring.  I love the brave way they pop out of the still-icy earth.  They win every prize.

This summer, my prized pickwicks seem to have given up the ghost.  At least, I doubt that the bulbs that gave me such lovely flowers this year, followed by seed pods, will have much left in them to make new flowers again next year.  I am pretty sure that seed pods are a bad sign.  So I went out and got plenty of crocus bulbs.  They're also deliciously cheap.  On the order of $4 per dozen.  I can get behind mass plantings under those circumstances.

There are Golden Yellow crocuses in the bundle.  They're hopefully going to come out a nice deep yellow. 
There are Peter Pan crocuses, which are white and only white.
There are Blue Pearl crocuses, which look white to me, but apparently count as blue because they have a sort of blue tinting at the base of the petals.  

No comments: