Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hooray, I was wrong!

After yesterday's post, I realised that I hadn't actually pulled up the boughs above the zwanenburg bronze crocuses, and those were the absolute earliest crocuses last year.  This morning, I am very pleased to announce, I found the crazy early zwanenburgs nearly up and at 'em.  I would say that these aren't blooming yet, but they're not far from it.  

I'd like to add that I was braving -10 temperatures to take that picture.  Honestly, there is nothing to suggest that it might be spring even any time soon except for the early early early crocus flowers.  

That's some creeping thyme next to it on the left, muscling in on its territory.  I'll be cutting that back once the weather stays above freezing for a few days. 


This is what the bent crocuses look like.  It's not great, is it?  However, I do think that overall the effect of the boughs is positive, so I'm not changing my plans for using any and all christmas trees available in the same manner in future years.

I cannot WAIT for spring!  


No comments: